Bulgaria offers unique advantages for outsourcing of software development services:
- Bulgaria has an excellent reputation in the world of science and education. The country ranks fifth in the world of sciences and eleventh in the world of mathematics (Worldbank and the Economist ranking).
- Bulgaria was ranked as the eight country globally, and third in Europe, in the “Global IT IQ Report” with 8,844 certified IT professionals.
- 5,500 students graduate from university level IT educations every year. Bulgarian students ranked second in the world in SAT scores.
- Attractive geographical location – easy to reach from all of Europe and a time difference of +/-2 hours within Europe.
- EU membership since 2007.
- English level – IT professionals have a good knowledge of English.
The good conditions for offshoring to Bulgaria have been identified by many multinational IT companies that have expanded their Bulgarian branches significantly during the last years. This includes HP (5,000 people), CSC (600 people), SAP Labs (500 people) and VMware (300 people).